Small Animal Services
Welcome to the Countryside Vet Services information page. We are the premier provider of veterinary care. Our goal is to provide the very best in pet medicine.Because our quality control standards are high, our veterinarins and support staff are among the best in the business. Our goal is to always care for your pets as if they were our own. We want you, our valued customer, to be happy.Here is a list of our services.
Wellness health exams
- Whether it’s a specific health concern or a yearly check-up, schedule your appointment today!
- Feline Leukemia
*Which ones does your pet need? Let us tell you!
Does your pet have any hair loss, dry itchy skin, bumps, redness or rashes? Let Dr. Janet or Dr. Jonathan take a look and give your pet some relief!
Is your pet getting up there in age? Let us run a geriatric profile to detect any problems early. We’ll help you extend the quality of life of your beloved pet!
Our services don’t stop with cats and dogs, we can provide for any pet’s needs!-Ferrets, turtles, hamsters, birds, snakes and wallabies just to name a few!
Diagnostic Lab (in house)
- Heartworm tests
- Feline Leukemia & FIV tests
- Thyroid testing
- Pancreatitis testing
- Cortisol testing
- Bile Acids-BVD testing
- Comprehensive, state of the art, Blood work analysis
- Pre-surgical profiles
- Geriatric profiles
- Bacterial cultures
- Antibiotic sensitivity testing
- Urine analysis
- Parasite screenings
- Bone Fractures
- OFA Hip & Elbow
- Berium series X-Rays
- Affordable X-Rays
*We’ll show you the X-Rays and go over the results with youin our consultation room!
- Nearly all patient prescriptions can be filled by our in-house pharmacy
- Don’t worry about another errand to fill a prescription when you leave!
- Our in-house pharmacy makes medications affordable!
- Our contemporary computer software keeps all medical records private, convenient and up-to-date.
- Medical records and histories can easily be printed off.
- Shots records are readily available.
- We keep you informed about your pet’s health needs.
- Your pet will be treated with a carbon dioxide laser, which produces an invisible beam of light that can remove a precise layer of tissue at one time. This can reduce your pet’s post operative recovery time, leading to a quicker return to normal activities.
- Less pain: The laser seals nerve endings as it “cuts” so your pet may require fewer anesthetics during the operation, also reducing pain after the surgery.
- Less bleeding: The laser seals small blood vessels during the surgery, this greatly reduces blood loss.
- Less swelling: The laser energy does not crush, tear or bruise the tissue because there is no physical contact with the tissue. This reduces post-operative swelling.
Proper dental care is extremely important for the overall health of your pet. Various experts state that 85-95% of all pets over the age of 3 have significant dental & periodontal disease.
Why should my pet get a dental cleaning?
- Abscesses and gingivitis are painful!
- Foul breath and mouth odor makes your pet less pleasant to be around.
- Oral infections constantly pump bacteria in the bloodstream and may cause:
- Kidney infections
- Bladder infections
- Respiratory infections
Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
- Done under gas anesthesia
- A thorough major teeth cleaning
- Teeth are polished to slow the build-up of new tartar
Check out our retail selection for preventative dental care products. We have tooth brushes, enzymatic toothpastes, and other tartar reducing treats and chews.
Spay & Neuter your pets to help control pet populations and decrease behavioral problems.
IV and gas anesthesia are available to minimize surgical risk
Ask about our high-tech Laser procedures that reduce surgical pain and swelling!
laser info: click here